When Deciding to Endorse Candidates We Look for Candidates Who Will:
- Combat Climate Catastrophe through policies that limit carbon pollution, require polluters to reimburse the public for the damage they inflict, and invest in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and clean energy research.
- Strengthen Democracy by reforming campaign financing to give every American an equal voice, protecting voting rights, and requiring that election districts be drawn in a non-partisan fashion.
- Improve Education and Opportunity by promoting best practices and increasing funding for early childhood education, coaching for parents of disadvantaged children, quality public schools, and affordable job training or higher education.
- Improve Wages, Protect America’s Safety Net, and Support Job Creation through Investments in Education, Clean Energy, Infrastructure, and Research to build a strong economic future for generations to come, and to ensure that all Americans have access to adequate food, shelter, health care, and other critical services.
- Protect Reproductive Freedom by ensuring that women have the right to make decisions about their reproductive health.
- Fix our Broken Immigration System and Prevent Discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Ensure Access to Quality and Affordable Health Care, including improving quality while reducing health system waste, errors, and costs, and protecting and strengthening the Affordable Care Act.
- Close Tax Loopholes and Ask the Wealthiest Individuals and Profitable Corporations to Pay Their Fair Share so that America can make needed investments and ensure that others have opportunities similar to those who have prospered the most.
- Reduce Wasteful Military Spending, and Government Waste wherever it occurs.